Sunday, November 20, 2011

Bedroom Part 2 - Family Heirloom

This is probably my favorite project for the room.  My parents were housing my great-great grandmother's cedar chest in their garage.  I thought it would be perfect for our room, plus I loved the idea of restoring a family heirloom.  The inside of the truck looks brand new; the outside was another story.  The veneer was in pretty rough shape after many years in our rec room and several run ins with our pet bunny.  Now, I am not expert.  This is the first time I have even painted furniture, but I love LOVE how it turned out.  I used the same paint that I used for the wall to make it pop in the room.  Check out the before and afters!

Before

Part of the veneer had to be removed because it was in pretty bad shape

After


Isn't the inside cool?  It looks like new and is gorgeous!

I added a stencil on top to give it a special touch

Stencil courtesy of Martha Stewart

Finished product

No comments: