Sunday, June 20, 2010

2 Weeks and Happy Father's Day!


We made it another week!  We have managed to keep Jackson alive one more week.  This week has been a bit more challenging.  We have been seeing a lactation consultant and unfortunately Jackson has not been gaining weight as we would like him to.  Jackson seems to fall asleep on the job, so we have had to supplement with pumped milk and some formula.  It has been kind of hard on Mom and Dad to breastfeed, pump, supplement at each feeding, but we need to get LBD gaining.  We will find out tomorrow if it has been working.  

Other than that, Jackson has been nothing but a joy!  Sure he is a little fussy at times, but he is a great baby.  I could just stare at him all day.  He has so many faces and I don't want to miss any!





Today is Father's Day and I am so lucky to have two amazing fathers in my life now.  I could not be who I am today without my Dad.  He has always been someone that I have looked up to and there is nothing he can't do.  Thanks for being such an amazing Dad and I can't wait for Jackson to get to know his Papa!


We had a great Father's Day.  Jackson had the great idea to cook breakfast for Eric, so we had a huge meal prepared for him this morning.  Jackson got a little sleepy, so he didn't actually get to eat with us :)

Eric has been an amazing Dad to Jackson.  It has been so special to watch Eric with Jackson.  He is so patient and sweet with him.  He has been extremely helpful with my recovery and the housework.  We are so blessed to have such an awesome Dad in the family.








No comments: